The Bluebird's Nest

">

Monday, June 23, 2014

Mmm.......Monday - Crock Pot Goulash



Summer is officially here! I am enjoying the warmer weather after freezing all winter, but sometimes it gets a little too warm in the house, especially as we do not have our central air installed.  So I'm trying to find ways to make meals without turning on the oven. Normally I would cook on the grill, but it is currently in need of repair.
Enter the crock pot! I put it outside on our front patio, and it cooks all day without heating up the house!
    Today I made Goulash.  Here's the recipe:
1 lb ground beef, cooked
2 - 24 oz cans of pasta sauce
Parsley, dried onion, garlic, salt, and pepper
(Add to taste - I never measure) :)
2 1/2 cups farfalle, uncooked (bow tie noodles)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
Combine all ingredients in crock pot.  Stir to mix well. Sprinkle top with additional shredded cheddar.
Cook on low 4 - 5 hours.
Enjoy!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment