The Bluebird's Nest

">

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mmm...Monday - Goldfish Crackers

Don't these look yummy!?  I've been wanting to try homemade crackers.  These caught my eye! To buy a 10 oz box of goldfish crackers in the store will cost you around $3.  I haven't done all the math, but a quick guesstimate puts you at $1.50 a batch! Granted, time is money, so you be the judge. But if you're looking for something fun to bake, try it with me!  I don't have a mini fish cutter, but there's a fun tutorial on how to make your own cute fishy here.  Or, if your lazy (like me), cut into small squares with your pizza cutter. I guess you couldn't really call them fish crackers then, maybe we can call them "cheesy goodness"!
Here's the link to the recipe.  http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2010/03/homemade-goldfish-crackers.html
Enjoy!  I'd love to hear if you try them.  Tell me what you think by posting a comment below! :)
Happy baking!!

1 comment:

  1. Made today! Flavor: EXCELLENT!
    Notes: I would roll dough to as thin as possible. I rolled to 1/8th inch. They were good, but they do puff up quite a bit, so it required longer baking time for them to get crunchy. I'm looking forward to experimenting with different flavors. Ranch flavored maybe? :)

    ReplyDelete